Are you interested in what’s going on in your town? Would you like to learn more about the various functions of each Town department?
If so, Apex Peak Academy may be the right program for you!
The Apex Peak Academy is a 12-session, interactive program that strives to foster transparency, trust, information-sharing, and collaboration between the residents and representatives of the Town of Apex by:
- Educating citizens on Town operations and Council processes
- Explaining development and the planning process
- Discussing the Town budget and the ways Town staff utilizes tax dollars
Classes are scheduled every other week, from April 19 - September 13, from 6 - 9 pm. Dinner is included. Participants must attend at least 8 sessions (including Orientation) to graduate.
- April 19: Orientation
- May 3: Fire Department
- May 9: Town Council Meeting (Optional)
- May 17: Electric Department
- May 31: Water Resources Department
- June 14: Parks, Recreation, & Cultural Resources
- June 28: Police Department
- July 12: Inspections & Permitting
- July 26: Planning Department
- August 9: Internal Services
- August 23: Economic Development / Transportation
- September 6: Public Works
- September 13: Graduation
The Apex Peak Academy is FREE to Apex residents; however, interested persons must apply by February 28th to be considered. Space is limited - Apply now!
All Town of Apex residents who are 18 years of age and older are eligible to apply for the program. Sessions are filled using selection criteria which provides a diverse and comprehensive group of participants.