Elections & Voting
On Election Day (November 2nd), residents should vote at their designated polling place.
Early voting begins October 23rd, and ends October 30th. Apex Community Center will serve as an early voting site. See a list of other early voting sites in Wake County that will follow the same schedule:
- Saturday, October 23: 8 am - 3:00 pm
- Sunday, October 24: 1 pm - 6 pm
- Mon - Fri, October 25-29: 11 am - 6 pm
- Saturday, October 30th (last day): 8 am - 3 pm
- Rules and regulations regarding the placement of campaign signs can be found on Wake County’s website.
- Placement of signs is allowed along certain sections of roadway. While the Town cannot regulate content of signs, we do monitor placement, and may remove signs on public property and in Town rights-of-way where prohibited.
- Many roadways in Apex are owned by the State, in which case the NCDOT regulates placement. Contact their office to report sign violations along these roadways.
General Election Information
Elections for municipal, state, and national elected leaders are conducted by the Wake County Board of Elections. Visit the Board of Elections website or call (919) 856-6240 to get assistance with the following topics:
- Voter registration
- Where to vote
- Running for elected office
- Voting Precincts
Town Council Elections
Elections are held in odd years. The Apex Town Council consists of the Mayor and 5 Councilmembers. Each Councilmember is elected to a 4-year term by the citizens of Apex. You must be a registered voter in Apex to be eligible to vote for the Town Council.
Election results are posted to the North Carolina State Board of Elections website.