NOTE: Water service is currently out of order at the Nature Park Dog Park. A replacement hydrant has been ordered, and we hope to have the repair completed soon.
The parks are fenced areas that remain locked at all times. To access either park, you must register your dog(s) annually. You will receive one key card upon initial registration that unlocks the gate. Additional key cards can be purchased for $10/card. If you do not renew your pass after a year, your card(s) will be deactivated and you will not be able to enter either dog park. A limit of 2 dogs per multiple dog pass is permitted. Additional fees must be paid for each dog over 2 dogs.
- Single dog (per year): $30 for resident / $60 for nonresident
- Multiple dogs (per year): $50 for resident / $100 for nonresident
To register your dog(s), you need to fill out the Dog Park Registration and Rules (PDF) form. You can register up to 2 dogs per form, so if you have 3 or more dogs you will need two forms. Applications are processed at the Apex Community Center (53 Hunter St). You cannot register for the dog parks online. You must bring proof of rabies vaccination / expiration date and assigned rabies tag number from the veterinarian when you come in to register. The rabies certificate can be printed out, or pulled up from your cell phone. Staff just needs to see the information to verify the rabies vaccination- you do not need to bring a separate copy.
Dog Park Basics
- A key card is required to enter the park, and your card is good for both dog parks.
- Each adult may have a maximum of 2 dogs at a time in the park.
- Children 10 and under are not allowed inside the fenced area.
- Dogs must have collar with ID, and display rabies vaccination tags at all times.
- Dogs under 6 months of age are prohibited.
- Additional rules listed on registration form.
- 2 acre park, fenced and lighted
- Pet waste stations
- Separate sections for small dogs and for large dogs
- Shade gazebos and benches
- Water fountains
- Wood chips for ground cover