Pleasant Park, located at 3400 Pleasant Plains Road, provides another way for you to Stay and Play right here in Apex. This 92-acre facility welcomes residents and visitors with 6 multi-purpose fields, tennis, pickleball, and basketball courts, a dreamy 1.5 acre Enchanted Forest with 9 inclusive play villages for all ages and abilities, and so much more.
We know you have questions about all that this park has to offer! Take a look at the FAQ's below.
- What are the hours of operation?
Pleasant Park is open from 6:30 am to 10:00 pm, year round.
- What amenities are offered at this park?
- 6 multipurpose fields
- Fieldhouse with staff offices, meeting space, concession area, and restrooms
- 4 (lighted) tennis courts, 6 pickleball courts, and 2 basketball courts
- 1.5 acre Enchanted Forest with various inclusive play villages: Kingdom in the Clouds, Reverie, Gnome’s Hollow, Marvelous Melody, Discovery Dig, Sticks & Stones (nature play), Trollway Bridge, Reading Nook
- 2 shelters with restrooms
- Maintenance operations building with staff offices and equipment yard
- Team gathering areas for large events
- Cross country course (full 5K course anticipated to be complete in Spring 2024)
- Which park amenities are not yet constructed?
A future phase of construction (timing to be determined) is planned to include:
- 4 baseball / softball fields
- Grand Lawn (open play area)
- Large shelter with restrooms
- Sand volleyball court
- Expanded cross country course (natural, unpaved) capable of hosting large races
- Additional fieldhouse with office, meeting room, concessions, and restrooms
- Batting cages and warm up areas
- Maintenance storage building
- Old US Highway 1 and Friendship Road Improvements
- Will my athletic league be able to practice and play here?
Yes! The demand for athletic fields in the area is higher than ever. Beginning November 6th, Pleasant Park will be available to accommodate a variety of athletic events throughout the year. Town programs will take priority when it comes to field usage, and times will also be designated for open public play. Athletic organizations and other private groups will have the opportunity to rent field space for tournaments and league play, just as they do for fields in our other parks. Long term rental requests are submitted to the Town twice each year. For more information about field rentals, groups should contact Patrick Fitzsimons.
- When will the splashpad open?
Splashlantis water play area will be ready to welcome guests when warm weather returns in Spring of 2024.
- Can I reserve a pickleball or tennis court?
Due to the popularity of these amenities, courts cannot be reserved by players or groups other than by Apex Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Resources Department for their sponsored programs.
To ensure that all who are interested have an opportunity to play, please observe the posted signage once you arrive at the courts.
- Can I park along Pleasant Plains Road?
No, Pleasant Plains Road is not available to use as additional parking.