For any questions, comments, or additions regarding the meeting, contact the Director of Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Resources by calling (919) 249-3511 no later than 4 p.m. the Wednesday preceding the regular meeting date.
- Last Wednesday each month, 6:00 p.m.
- Town Hall Council Chamber, 2nd Floor (73 Hunter Street)
The Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee serves in an advisory capacity to department staff and the Town Council, providing recommendations on parks and recreation issues in the Apex community. The commission also reviews and makes recommendations on public recreation requirements for proposed residential developments and provides input on long range plans related to parks and recreation.
The Apex Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Resources Advisory Commission is composed of 9 members appointed by the Mayor and Town Council. Initial terms are 3 years, staggered beginning with the June meeting each year.
Current members are:
- Alan Buck, Chair (Jul 2020 - Jun 2023)
- Darryl Lanier, Vice-Chair (Jun 2022 - Jun 2025)
- Mary Lee Blatchford (Apr 2021 - Jun 2023)
- Matthew Carusona (Jun 2022 - Jun 2025)
- Tom Colwell (Jul 2020 - Jun 2023)
- Lisa Esterrich (Jul 2021 - Jun 2024)
- Michael Kanters (Jul 2021 - Jun 2024)
- Renee Pfiefer,(Jun 2022 - Jun 2024)
- Jeff Roach (Jun 2022 - Jun 2025)
How to Serve
If you’re interested in serving on this Advisory Board, please complete the interest form. You will be contacted when a vacancy occurs.