Storm preparation doesn't only happen in the days before a storm approaches. The Town of Apex Electric department prepares all year by strengthening our electric infrastructure, improving out outage management system, training staff and achieving top reliability in North Carolina. If a storm does hit we are ready to restore your power quickly and safely. Limitations due to COVID-19 may cause longer than expected restoration times following major storm activity. We ask for your patience and understanding.
Outage MapPinpoint the size and location of outages, report outages, and stay on top of estimated restoration times.
Prepare in Advance
Your Storm Action PlanMaking a plan is key to staying safe during a storm. Our employees strive to work in a safe manner at all times and we want you to think about safety too. Knowing what to do before, during and after a storm hits will help you prepare in advance.
Ready your home, purchase supplies and prepare for the storm.
Keep your family safe and monitor the local media until the storm passes.
- Turn off and unplug electrical appliances and equipment, such as televisions and computers.
- Stay indoors in an interior room, away from windows. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Report service outages, inspect damages and remain safe.
- Watch for downed power lines. Stay back and consider them energized. Energized lines can conduct electricity through the ground up to 35 feet away from the line. Call or report downed lines.
- Check for electrical damage inside your home, such as frayed wires, sparks, or the smell of burning insulation. If you find damage to your meter box or your weather head, don't turn you power on until an electrician inspects your system and makes necessary repairs.
- Do not connect your generator directly to your home's electrical system. It is dangerous to you, your neighbor and utility workers.
- Power Restoration
- My Neighbor Has Power But I Don't
- Report an Outage @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Guides & Resources
Provide helpful tips for you and your home before, during and after the storm.