Affordable Housing Plan
The Town of Apex Affordable Housing Plan will:
- Establish a vision and goals related to affordable housing,
- Analyze needs based on existing conditions and trends, and
- Provide recommendations with an action plan for implementation.
HR&A Advisors, Inc. will develop this plan for the Town. Throughout the planning process, the public can get up-to-date information on opportunities for engagement and learn more about the plan itself by visiting the tabs below.
Your input is important! There are many ways you can be a part of the planning process. Check back for updates, or provide your email to receive a notice when new opportunities are announced.
Please join us for a Public Presentation of the Draft Plan on Thursday, December 17TH at 6:00 pm!
A virtual public presentation of the Draft Affordable Housing Plan (Draft Plan) will be hosted on Thursday, December 17th from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm. The purpose of this presentation is to introduce the Draft Plan and receive public questions and comments.
How to participate:
- Click on this link to watch the live presentation: https://publicinput.com/E037
- Participants will be able to submit comments by chat or voicemail.
- After the meeting, a recorded version of the live presentation will be available on this web page for those unable to attend.
- Submit written comments on the Draft Plan using this online form: https://publicinput.com/AHPcomments.
- Any comments on the draft plan are requested by December 28th, 2020.
Unable to join using the Internet?
- Limited in-person seating will be made available at Town Hall for those who are unable to join using the Internet. These seats must be reserved in advance, by calling Shannon Cox at 919-249-3505. Requests for reserved seats must be received by Monday, December 15th at 5:00 pm.
- A printed copy of the Draft Plan and comment forms will be made available at Town Hall (73 Hunter Street) in the Department of Planning and Community Development (2nd floor), Monday through Friday, between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Development of the Affordable Housing Plan will take about nine months. The plan kicked off with data gathering in May 2020 and should be completed by January 2021.
Plan documents will be posted here for review and comment. Subscribe below to receive an email notice when new material is posted.
The Draft Town of Apex Affordable Housing Plan is now available for public review and comment. A virtual presentation introducing the Draft Plan will be hosted on December 17th, 2020 at 6:00 pm. Visit ‘Get Involved’ for details about joining the presentation and providing comments on the Draft Plan.
Housing Needs Assessment
A Housing Needs Assessment was conducted to identify the primary affordable housing issues in Apex. The Housing Needs Assessment will inform plan recommendations and was intended to answer the following questions:
- What are the most pressing issues related to housing affordability in Apex?
- What policies or market trends are driving these issues?
- Who is and is not served by Apex’s housing market?
View the Housing Needs Assessment here.
Public Input Summary
An online survey and interviews were conducted to gather initial public input related to housing affordability and possible recommendations in Apex. This input will inform the draft plan. Check out what people shared using the links below.
Affordable Housing Fact Sheet
Any questions or comments can be sent to Shannon Cox, Long Range Planning Manager, at Shannon.firstname.lastname@example.org.