GoApex Door to Door
GoApex Door to Door/GoWake Access Trip reservation line: 919-212-7005
The Town of Apex will provide a free complementary ADA paratransit service, called GoApex Door to Door, to eligible riders who cannot use the GoApex Route 1 fixed route service due to a disability. This service will be operated by GoWake Access.
GoApex Door to Door will be available during the same days and times as the fixed-route service: 6am to 10pm, Monday through Saturday, excluding holidays. Trips must have their start and end within the paratransit service area (see map below). This area is within ¾-mile of the GoApex Route 1 routing.
- GoApex Door to Door Ride Guide Brochure (Color PDF) (Click here for simple format that prints 8.5"x11")
- GoApex Puerta a puerta ADA servicio de paratránsito guía de viaje en Español (PDF a color) (Haga clic aquí para ver el formato simple que imprime 8.5"x11")
Click the image below to open an interactive map showing the GoApex Door to Door Service Area.
GoApex Door to Door is a shared ride, reservation-based service operated by GoWake Access. Shared ride service is different from a taxi service, in that you may be riding the vehicle with others who have also made reservations in the same time frame.
Riders need to call in the trip reservation line at 919-212-7005 (TTY 800-735-2962) to reserve a trip. Reservations must be made at least one (1) day in advance, and may be made up to fourteen (14) days in advance. Vehicles are branded as GoWake Access.
GoApex will not operate on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
To apply for eligibility, please download the application form, fill it out, and return it to GoWake Access at the contact information below. Please do not turn in forms to the Town of Apex, as we do not process these requests. GoWake Access will process the applications and will inform you of the decision within 21 days of receipt of your application.
- GoApex Door to Door Application for Eligibility and submittal instructions (PDF) (Updated September 2023)
- Solicitud del servicio de paratránsito de GoApex Puerta a Puerta e instrucciones de presentación en Español (PDF) (Actualizado en septiembre de 2023)
Submit Application forms to GoWake Access:
- Mail Application to: GoWake Access, ATTN: ADA Eligibility Intake, 4401 Bland Road, Raleigh, NC 27609
OR Email application to TransportationADAApplications@wake.gov (note new email suffix)
NOTE: If you do not receive a response on the status of you application within 5-7 business day following its submission, please contact the eligibility office via the email address above to confirm receipt.
GoApex Door to Door Policy Documents
- GoApex ADA Paratransit Service Policy (PDF) / Política sobre paratránsito conforme a la Ley para Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (PDF)
- GoApex Door to Door Passenger Code of Conduct (PDF) / Política de conducta de de los Pasajeros de GoApex (PDF)
- GoApex Door to Door No-Show Policy (PDF) / Política de no presentación de GoApex (PDF)
- GoApex Door to Door Subscription Policy (PDF) / Política sobre el servicio de suscripción (PDF)
- GoApex Door to Door Appeal Process (PDF) / Proceso de apelación de GoApex (PDF)
- GoApex Door to Door Complaint Form and submittal instructions (PDF) / Política de reclamos y apelaciones del condado de Wake (PDF)
Accessibility and Civil Rights
In accordance with the requirements of Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Town of Apex and GoApex will not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities on the basis of that disability.
The Town will make reasonable modifications to policies and programs to ensure that the people with disabilities have an equal opportunity to enjoy all Town programs, services, and activities.
GoApex is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of its services, or subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, color or national origin, as provided by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Other GoWake Access Services
GoWake Access, offers other reservation-based van services. Rides are available to residents of Wake County who reside outside urbanized areas, have a disability, are 60 or older, have Medicaid, or need work-related transportation.
For trip information and reservations, visit the GoWake Access webpage provided by Wake County Human Services or call (919) 212-7005.